Tropical Fruit Society of Sarasota | Non-profit dedicated to tropical fruit education, cultivation and distribution
The Tropical Fruit Society came to us having been through a few different websites, and developers who had either burned them or left them in the lurch.
As a small, local non-profit of dedicated tropical fruit and botanical horticulture enthusiasts, their website needed to feel authentic and welcoming – they didn’t want to paint a picture of being an fancy or exclusive club. They also wanted to make the most important club information easy to find to promote monthly meeting attendance and new membership.
Because of their past experience with various developers, hosts and webmasters, it was critical that they gain ownership of all their web assets as well as have easy access to update their site with regular meeting updates.
Solutions and custom project features:
- Domain Security | We secured ownership of their domain which was being managed by another developer and got it transferred it to their own account.
- New Hosting + Domain Email| We set up new, fast + affordable web hosting in the club’s name and created a domain email to ensure that their new Mailchimp campaigns achieve optimum inbox delivery.
- Fresh Design | Completely new, custom mobile-friendly design based on club logo and colors, built a custom child theme on the Genesis framework. Home page design that highlights the luscious and enticing nature of tropical fruits, monthly meeting + location information, membership information.
- Online Payment Integration | Paypal integration to accept donations and membership dues online.
- Email Capability and List Migration| We set Tropical Fruit Society up with a new, custom branded Mailchimp account. We also cleaned and migrated over their existing list from gmail and created appropriate groups to separate current members, non-members and prior members. A fresh, email template for monthly meeting updates makes it easy to create each month’s email.
- Maintenance & Support | Ongoing maintenance, support and monthly content updates help TFSS keep their site up to date and running smoothly with minimal hands-on time.
Before and after the tropicalfruitsociety.org redesign.