The OM Shoppe | Beth Snyder CCHt
Beth had big dreams for The OM Shoppe (and the OM Shoppe & Spa!) when she reached out to us. She and her partner Nancy had been running The OM Shoppe as new owners for almost a year and their websites needed some major love!
The online store had been struggling despite strong sales the year before. Influencing factors included poor customer UX, a less than optimal mobile-friendly theme change, e-commerce SEO service disaster, and just general overwhelm as Beth and Nancy hustled to try and handle all these technical issue IN ADDITION to managing their local shop and spa’s daily operations, inventory management and fulfillment!
With the holidays approaching, she new she had to do something about her websites if they wanted to have a successful season.
Having purchased the business the year before (after being longtime customers) the existing websites had a lot of old (we call them ‘legacy’) issues to untangle, especially when it came to products and category organization.
After a lot of research, we came up with a plan to clean up their Volusion store and migrate it to a fresh WooCommerce store without losing any preexisting SEO or data.
Their new system not only provides them and their customers with a fresh, educational and inviting website experience, but it allows them to more easily and efficiently handle fulfillment. It also continues to sync with their in-store Quickbooks POS and is integrated with their preexisting ReadyShipper account.
With our advising and support Beth was able to migrate her email list to ConvertKit for more powerful marketing and data tracking.
Other features included: custom menus, sound clips for singing bowls, video integration, and on-site SEO.
Results: The OM Shoppe’s holiday sales saw a significant boost after the launch of the new site. With their new marketing and outside PPC management they continue to grow.
- Ecommerce Migration | With over 500 products in their Volusion ecommerce, plus meta data and order history, starting a new ecommerce from scratch was out of the question. We researched numerous solutions and tools and created a plan to migrate their Volution data right into WooCommerce for a seamless transition.
- Brand Update | With The OM Shoppe being established both online and in the Sarasota community, Beth didn’t want to abandon their original logo with held meaning both for them an the shoppe. So we opted for a brand update, giving the original logo a more modern facelift, updated fonts and adding design elements to complete the story that Beth can use in all her ongoing marketing and graphics.
- Fresh Design + Content Strategy | We re-imagined the OM Shoppe’s digital storefront from the ground up to create a friendly, authentic, educational and fun user experience that’s also flexible as the OM Shoppe continues to evolve and receive customer feedback. We reorganized content and categories to reflect their most popular and most profitable products.
- Third Party Services Integration | Because The OM Shoppe already had a physical location linked in with their original ecommerce and Amazon as well, a requirement of the project was to integrate the new site with their exisiting tech, including their in-store QB POS and ReadyShipper account.
- Blog Migration | Over the years (from before Beth and Nancy took ownership) The OM Shoppe blog had lived in a couple different places. We came up with a new blog strategy and migrated their blog from their Spa website over to the ecommerce site to help drive more traffic, while still linking the new Spa site to the blog as well. This included custom URL redirects to protect against 404 errors and preserve their search engine rank.
Other custom project features:
- Custom contact forms + contact form database
- Content strategy and copy editing.
- Social Media art for consistent branding.
- Business + strategy consulting.
- Email consulting and assistance with ConvertKit.
- Ongoing maintenance and technical support.
With Cultivar Designs go ahead and dream big! They have the skill and talent to help you get your project where you want it.
Chris and Shayna are easy to work with and responsive. The concern they have for their clients is palpable.
Shayna’s organization is simply the best. Helping to keep everyone on the same page and all parts moving forward. Chris is honorable and forthright. He’s determined to find the best solution and ensure you understand how he arrived there. Together as a team they complement each other beautifully and to the full benefit of the client.
It was surprising to discover that Cultivar Designs became a business partner that cared as much about our profitability and continued success! They are a part of our team and we will continue to scale and grow with them, and in great part because of them.
Our customer experience has been greatly enhanced and our bounce rate and conversions have improved considerably. Time on site is now far surpasses previous data.
I would absolutely recommend Cultivar Designs to a friend and I have! I trust them with my reputation.