Laura C George | Business Consultant for Artists
When we met Laura, she was doing so much right for her business, but she was stuck in a theme with nowhere to go.
She had developed quality courses for artists and was selling them on her site and using a Membership plugin and doing most of her own website work herself. She was even able to do a little code here and there, but at the end of the day, much of what she wanted to do was beyond her scope. She knew that continuing to pay developers work on her site piecemeal wasn’t building her the strong foundation she needed to really take her business to the next level.
There was a good amount of dirty code from different developers, and a messy plugin stack with plugins that needed to be updated or switched out for more up-to-date, relevant ones. Another big issues for her was the lack of mobile-friendliness.
Our Mobile-Friendly Migration option was the perfect fit for her.
We migrated her existing content, blog, design, layout, membership system – everything – to a new, super strong, super flex platform. This included a custom child theme matching her existing branding and design built on the Genesis framework by StudioPress. We set it up with Visual Composer for an endless variety of customized page layouts, making it super easy for her to add and edit content, images, create her own age design, and more.
We also performed our standard Plugin Audit, including a complete plugin review and plugin stack cleanup. We eliminated outdated/unused plugins, and replaced some of the less optimal plugins with better, more reliable and feature rich options. We added a few additional plugins from our curated plugin stack to add some really useful functionality to her site, and finally, made sure everything was up to date.
Now she’s off and running, already happily making changes on her site with the new tools we gave her. Laura was able to make new layout changes, clean up her pages, add new pages with ease and get more from her website than ever before. We gave her the power to excel without the hassle of starting all over from scratch.
Custom project features:
- Mobile-friendly Migration Package.
- Migrated existing site design, content and SEO to her own mobile friendly theme.
- Custom mobile-friendly child theme built on the Genesis framework.
- Plugin Audit and addition of choice plugins for enhanced functionality, speed and optimization.
- Addition of Visual Composer so she can customize page layouts to meet her creative vision.
- Minor design and layout edits
- Small dynamic design upgrades to add some professionalism and pizzazz.
- Followup support for basic questions and issues
- Optimized and improved site load time
- Visual Composer training and admin review.
- Full 30 day warranty.