Amber Ikeman | Singer, Songwriter and Performer
Amber set off to do what most people only dream of – she quit her secure job working for a non-profit, got rid of most of her belongings, secured a summer job working at Yellowstone National Park, and hit the road to pursue her dream of a career in music.
Since her leap of faith nearly 2 years ago, she’s recorded her first full length album of original music and performed for audiences around the country. All the while, she’s blogged about her experience and shared her insights on everything from confronting our fears and insecurities to what it means to be a woman in today’s culture.
When she asked about a year into her adventure to help her update her site to something more professional that she could really flesh out with all of her content, music, press, photos and blogs, we were excited to support her and help make an important element of her goals a reality.
*Home page redesign: With fresh ideas and some new photos, Amber’s home page is currently undergoing a fresh redesign. Check back soon to see it!
- Responsive Migration | We made sure any URL redirects needed were in place to avoid 404 errors and migrated her blog archives and comments onto the new site.
- Streaming Music |The flexible WordPress platform was integrated with Soundcloud, Bandcamp, iTunes and Amazon music for seamless streaming and click-to-purchase capability.
- Video |Easy to add/edit videos for Youtube channel integration.
- Custom Page Layouts | Visual Composer not only allowed us to easily create custom page layouts, but Amber has control over her site and can add new content as needed.
- Custom Blog | To really pull her personality and branding through the site, we customized her blog with a journal effect.
Other Custom Project Features:
- Basic Branding with typographical logo and color selection.
- MailChimp email service integration and design so Amber can stay in touch with her growing following via branded email updates.
- Social media and Disqus commenting integration.
- SEO and Site optimization for speed and visibility for all devices.
- Google Analytics & Webmaster tools setup and support.
- Photography selection and custom graphic design.
- Plugin Audit to clean up and enhance website functionality and security.
- Ongoing maintenance and support.
Before and after the Kitchenoflife.com redesign.